Firefall Compendium

3 replies
131 posts
GW2 Chapter
Rift Chapter
I'll be adding to this as we go along (and as the game goes along).

The difficulty curve in this game is pretty ridiculous right now, and there is no 'middle ground' monsters. They are either easy or you're dead. This does soon change to useless vs you still need a party. If you really wanna try this game out give me or Archmike a shout on mumble and we will party up with you. A part makes this game, and if you don't want to get the wrong idea, group up!

Step 1 - Leveling

Ok so you want to get yourself to Tier 2 of your chosen battleframe. Remember you need to fill a path from both the middle and either top or bottom lanes (you dont need each skill) to get the Tier 2 Frame. Once unlocked it then costs 5000 crystite to buy. Getting crystite should be easy though. The best way to level is to just thump with your stock thumper, or group up and take down incursions/towers. Remember a Tier 2 frame will set your ability back a bit, and you will become a little more fragile, but this will quickly change as you start crafting components you unlock.

Step 2 - Mineral Wealth Acquisition

Get thumping. The best way of mining is actually to use your sonic detonators on mining nodes, but thumping can be fun and also gets XP, so it's a balance. Usually if we are thumping we will move locations regularly mining nodes in between. Thumping difficulty is dependant on two main factors: thumper size and thumping location. Closer to the meld you will get more difficult, but more lucrative thumping. Further away you can risk using a larger thumper with a smaller group.
- Get Bismuth
Bismuth is one of the most important minerals you will use, so mine it each time you see it. It is a cyan/yellow color.

Step 3 - Wait for more content

Unfortionately there isn't much to do once Tier 2, but hopefully they will be adding more content in as well as more PvP!
b1c590ce4071fb52.png
618caa485ad5b751.png
Posted Dec 19, 12 · OP
0  votes
Re Downloading it now :)
Posted Dec 19, 12
0  votes
131 posts
GW2 Chapter
Rift Chapter
It's much more of a game now, and don't forget that there are no more XP wipes, so you will save your battleframe progression after the beta now.
b1c590ce4071fb52.png
618caa485ad5b751.png
Posted Dec 19, 12 · OP
0  votes
77 posts
GW2 Chapter
Thanks to Mike, I have been playing this a bit over the past couple of days. Have to say it is thoroughly enjoyable and light-hearted so far. Looks like it will be a strong game when it's released fully.
Posted Dec 19, 12
0  votes
Announcement of